I bought a Crown Prince… Ch3 & 4
This week, it’s a two chapters update because there’ll be a long weekend holidays next week and I’ll be away for a mini break (NO UPDATE NEXT WEEK). Also, I think there’s a little trouble (already!) because I think my editor’s gone. She hadn’t replied in a while, so, I probably need a new editor/proofreader soon. Zokels have edited this up to chapter 10, so there’s 19 more chapters to go, and I got two more novels coming up that need editing. Without it, it’s still readable, but maybe just that extra painful. hah. If you’re interested, you can apply, my requirements are simple enough, I think.
- Native English Speaker Fluent/Excellent command of English-Preferably educated in Commonwealth/British English, or if you’re an American/Canadian, please make sure you’re really knowledgeable about Commonwealth/British English quirks, pronunciation, and grammar rules before applying.
- Able to communicate with me during the weekend-I work long hours and can only talk/discuss properly with you during the weekend. So, any changes, questions you have, etc would be done mainly during the weekend. Must have discord.
- Detail oriented person– Able to fine comb errors.
- Able to edit/proofread at least TWO chapters per week-This is flexible. For longer novels, it’s not possible to go on one chapter per week update, it will take ages to complete. So for those, I planned to do a minimum two chapters per week update. For short novels, one chapter a week is enough imo.
- A responsible person– if you change your mind and decides you can’t do it after all, don’t ghost me. Just tell me. I’m not going to get angry, everyone have their circumstances, I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND. Letting me know helps me cause I can move along to find another replacement rather than waste time wondering if you ghosted me or not.
Before applying, think carefully if you really want to do this, because it helps if you’re really interested in doing it. It’s the same for me, I’m not going to translate anything I’ve got no interest in. So, it helps if we got similar taste. (If you snoop around a bit what I’ve done in the past few years, you get an idea what I generally go for… for novels though, I don’t mind if it has smut content. This is a voluntary position, as you can see, I don’t monetise my translations, there aren’t even ads on my website.
Experience doesn’t matter as long as your command of English is good and you are motivated to learn/edit.