Release #22 2020
Wow, would you look at that number! 222020. Hehehe.
Anyway, time to get your cat manga fix, this is the release of Nekodamari Volume 2. Once again, I have a lot of fun translating this, I have plenty of experiences living with cats after all.
A few weeks ago, I finally bought a brand new Ipad to replace my super old one (I was using Ipad Air 1st Gen this whole time!!!) I actually been paying for a Adobe CC subscription for a few years now and since the release of the Adobe Photoshop App on Ipad, I’ve been dying to bring my workflow mobile.
Sadly, Adobe is a clown, the mobile version is really useless for scanlation. At least for now… To be honest, being the cheap ass I am, I initially planned to buy the basic Ipad with Apple pencil 1. But I am never the kind to buy anything without researching it over and over, so after like the millionth youtube vid on drawing on Ipad, comparing price, reading reviews, blah blah, I decided to splash on a Ipad Pro 11″ 2020 AND the 2nd gen pencil. (Turns out, that’s not all I had to get, I need also a powerbank that can charge this ipad, my current Powerbank CAN’T. So I just spent more money to get a PD powerbank, GaN charger and an extra USB C to C cable. $$$$$$$$) Next on my list is a SSD and a USB-C hub. Not getting magic keyboard cause I’m not insane. But the Logitech Folio Touch seems great (and half the price). I think with that, my overall mobile scanlation setup will be complete.
I don’t use anything Apple except the Ipad, and honestly, gotta give credits where its due. THIS FUCKEN PENCIL IS AMAZING. ISTG. My daily life schedule has been a revolution since I got this new ipad.
Well, why am I rambling about my new ipad? It’s sorta relevant to this post because this release mark the first time I used my ipad to handletter the sfx. Of course, expensive pencil does not mean my chicken scratch handwriting will miraculously become beautiful, but its a marked improvement thanks to its amazing control and pressure sensitivity. I can’t grip well nowadays and working on the ipad with the pencil and having paperlike applied on my screen actually help ease my pain since the pencil holding posture is more ergonomical than a mouse (EVEN WHEN I AM ALREADY USING AN ERGONOMIC MOUSE)
For those that are interested in the Ipad scanlation setup, so far, I’m using AFFINITY PHOTO to handletter the sfx. Reasons because
- Affinity Photo can open GRAYSCALE PSD (of course PS Ipad can as well, but not Procreate)
- CAN SAVE LOCALLY (this is game changer, because Photoshop can only save to cloud. WHICH IS DUMB. THEIR CLOUD SYSTEM IS ALSO NOT RELIABLE.
Can open local files but can’t save local. WUT)
- Can import photoshop .abr brushes. Hello Kyle T. Webster brushes, meet Affinity Photo. (Photoshop Ipad still DOES NOT have the ability to import brushes)
- Procreate is superior for lettering but it doesn’t open GRAYSCALE files (which is all the manga PSD are in cause they are, yes, BLACK AND WHITE)
- I tried to typeset using Photoshop Ipad because it actually can read the custom installed fonts (that Affinity can’t, if I want to i have to install into the app and only the app can use them instead of globally which is like, NO.) BUT, everytime, E.V.E.R.Y.T.I.M.E i tried to use the text tool, Photoshop app CRASHED. You got one job, Photoshop. ONE!
Anyway, that was all the exciting things that’s happening in my life recently LOL
Check out Taemin’s so sexy AF it should be criminal (see what i did?) new MV and song
By the way, to the people asking me if I’m still translating something, THE DAMN LIST IS ALWAYS UPDATED. IF IT’S NOT IN THE DROPPED LIST, IT’S NOT DROPPED! Learn to use the site, it’s not even hard. If you can’t be bothered to look, I can’t be bothered to answer you either. Think about how many this kind of equiries I’m receiving regularly…
YOU KNOW THE DRILL. READ HERE